Thursday, December 5, 2013

Shut Up, Wizard, and Play Your Guitar

Sometimes I like to think about translating the guitar greats into an RPG class. Forget bards. They'd have to be wizards. The guitar is just another kind of staff, after all. An electric guitar is a prison for a Power of some kind (demon, ghost, whatever). Spell level/power, of course, is dependent on how complicated (mathematically dense!) a particular song spell is (which is very Vancian).

It took me a while to wrap my head around some of Zappa's more challenging pieces, but I'm pretty committed now. Music shouldn't always just rub your ear-holes and brain in ways that make you feel comfortable. That's just self-gratification, and there's only so much of that you can do without it turning into something else entirely (if ya know what I mean, and I think you do...).

So, something a little guitar-centric for you this Second Day of Zappadan, off of Shut Up and Play Your Guitar.


Hey, orc babies! His guitar wants to kill yer momma!

*Update: Here is the wizard, casting some very high-level improvised spells. Holy crap.*

Trance Fusion

No comments:

Post a Comment